Below are 9 videos covering exercises for achilles tendonopathy.
The main symptom of a tendon injury is pain in the affected tendon, which will usually get worse when you move it.
Other symptoms can include:
- stiffness, which is often worse in the morning
- weakness in the affected area or being unable to move a joint
- swelling, sometimes with heat or redness
- a sensation that the tendon is grating or crackling as it moves (this may be felt on examination)
- a lump that develops along the tendon
Achilles tendonopathy is a condition affecting the Achilles tendon, which runs between the heel and the calf muscle in the lower leg. It’s thought to be caused by repeated damage to the Achilles tendon that fails to heal properly.
Symptoms can include pain and stiffness in the heel, which are usually worse in the morning. Sometimes there is also a swelling at the back of the heel.
Tendon injuries can often be treated with rest, massage, stretching, acupuncture and shortwave therapy.