Acupuncture promotes natural healing by the insertion of fine needles into specific acupuncture points located along energy pathways, called meridians. These points access the body’s natural energy flow known as Qi. Only disposable needles are used for the purpose of treatment.
There may sometimes be a mild and momentary sensation when a needle is inserted. It is not however a painful process and indeed many people find the treatment itself very relaxing. The initial treatment begins with a consultation and generally takes around an hour and a half. Subsequent treatments take about one hour.
Some people may feel significant improvements after the first treatment, however, the severity of the complaint, how long it has been present and a person’s general health are all factors in how many treatments will be needed to restore health.
- Digestive complaints (Irritable Bowel Syndrome, diarrhoea, nausea, indigestion and heartburn)
- Respiratory complaints (asthma, bronchitis, hayfever, sinusitis, persistent colds and coughs)
- Chronic fatigue and lack of energy
- Emotional and mental complaints (anxiety, stress, panic attacks, depression, insomnia, mood swings and post traumatic shock)
- Heart complaints (hypertension, poor circulation and recovery after stroke)
- Gynaecological problems (PMT, endometriosis, menopausal problems and infertility)
- Muscular and skeletal complaints (arthritis, sciatica, back and joint pain, frozen shoulder and tennis elbow)
- Skin complaints (eczema and psoriasis)
- Neurological problems ( migraines, headaches and dizziness)
- Urinary complaints (cystitis, infections, difficult or painful urination)
- Recovery from operations
- Complaints that do not have a diagnosis or label.
- Addictions and the effects of withdrawal.
- Facial revitalisation
You may have already been recommended acupuncture, or you might just be considering if it could benefit your symptoms. Please call our team who will be happy to advise you – 01189 462299 or 01491 693299.