Pilates is an exercise system that focuses on stretching and strengthening the whole body to improve balance, muscle-strength, flexibility and posture.
Pilates applies biomechanical and stabilisation principles, emphasising core stability while improving joint mobility and stability.
*When can Pilates help you?
- Postural imbalances
- Low back pain
- Instability and pain in the hip and knee
- Shoulder and neck pain
- Injury prevention
- Improved performance for various sports
*What will you get from individual sessions?
- Assessment of posture and movement
- Tailored exercise for individual conditions
- Improved ability to perform day to day tasks without discomfort or pain
*About the exercises . . .
You will be offered mat work based exercises, using small equipment, e.g. small and large ball, resistance bands and weights. Regardless of fitness level, exercises are tailored to fit each individual.
*We are currently unable to offer pilates at present, apologies for any inconvience caused.